Friday

ReaperCon 2022

Holy social anxiety batman, I'm going to a painting convention!  In Texas.  I can't wait to see what everyone creates Labor Day weekend!  And go Ghostwalkers!  Or is it as chat has suggested... Goat Walkers?  Do I need to find goat related stuff to bring with me?  Maybe... I bet goats are fantastic ghost hunters.  

I'm going to offer a few classes, here are my class handout pdfs.  Here is the full availability of classes for the Con.

Thursday 5pm Glitterdust and Colorspray on Invisible Characters
Friday 5pm Dispel Magic and Chalk on Invisible Characters
Saturday 3pm Painting with a Limited Palette
Sunday 11am Painting with a Limited Palette

I'll have stickers and ribbons to hand out.  For those who are unfamiliar with ReaperCon... loads of random people bring a variety of ribbons, and many people try to collect as many as they can.  How fun is that?  And a lovely icebreaker for us anxious introverts.  Here is what people can collect from me:



There is going to be a fun card game we get to play, and one off my painted miniatures is featured on a card!  I hope to be able to snag one of her, perhaps by trading if I don't get lucky, and ask Jason Wiebe (who sculpted the Female Minotaur) to sign it.  Note to self, bring a sharpie!  I hope Honnuh does well in the Dungeon!  You've got this Honnuh, your magic axe is as sharp as your wit.

I'm working hard on my Contest entries. 

Diorama: "Guarding the Hatchery"

3-18-22 Work In Progress.  
Converted Reaper Bones Axebeak and Bones fun sized Mouseling.  
And lots of green stuff!
8-6-22 "Guarding the Hatchery"
Here they all are completed!  My plans were deeper than my available time.
I didn't finish a bunch I'd wanted to, and pulled some favorites from the last 
2 years to round out my entries.  5 for Painters, 1 Diorama, 1 Open. 

9-2022 - My massive pile of loot!  
So much more than I'd expected or even considered hoping for!  
Such an amazing time with so many fantastic people and inspiring art.  
I can't wait for next year!  

Diorama Category: "Guarding the Hatchery."
Reaper Gold Medal.  
Reaper Gold Sophie Trophy.
Reaper Mouseling Trophy.
Open Category: "Calavera for Gus."
Reaper Gold Medal.
Reaper Silver Sophie Trophy.
Painters Category: "Singing in the Garden."
Reaper Gold Medal.
Reaper Honorable Mention.
Painters Category: "Lynx"
Bombshell Miniatures Gold Dogtag.

I learned so much and already have plans for changes to classes for next year, as well as collaborating with others.  I can't wait to go back!  Time to keep working on my entries for next year!  Which will include the things I started and didn't finish this year, plus of course completing items from the bones mashup class!  Got to enter my mashup squeely Nord abomination!  Tentatively titled "Bones Mashup Gave Me WINGS!"

No comments: