Saturday

Fabric Art

Last Updated 2-5-12

I designed this applique for a diaper bag for my best friend. I used this tutorial for the bag, which was really amazing. It's the best bag I've made so far, and I think I'm going to make it my go-to bag for the future. I'd do a few things differently next time, change some of the pockets, more zippered pockets on the inside, a longer strap... but it was good. If I never use iron-on-vinyl again it will be too soon, but for a diaper bag it needed to be easily cleaned by wiping.

NFS
I made this iPad 2 cover for my husband, just large enough to fit the iPad with a SmartCover. I appliqued a snuggly Wee Ninja climbing a tree to the side.

NFS
I made my iPad 2 cover large enough to fit a Portenzo case inside. My applique is a forest ninja.

NFS
I'm hardly a seamstress, but I like making things from fabric at times. This is an applique pattern I designed and made. This particular piece is on a purse I made for Renaissance Faire. It's huge, so it can double as a shopping bag ;) It took me over a week to do all the embroidery, plus the time to make the purse itself, so I don't think I'll make these for sale unless someone wants to pay me an obscene amount of money. But I'd be happy to provide my drawing to anyone who would like to make their own.


No comments: