Wednesday

House Shopping

Update 9-28-09

The inside of our house is mostly finished. The studio/office is a bit of a mess, but most of the important stuff is in there. I'm going to try to get back to work listing items on eBay as we finish unpacking and fixing the house up. I have four pendants finished that I hope to list on Sunday night, just have to take the photos!

-Carrie

Update 7-4-09

Hopefully we are closing on the 10th! I have another magnetic sculpture I hope to complete this week. I'm also hoping to do a small ear cuff and/or pendant. Those should be on eBay in a week or two. After that, lots of work on the house! So if anyone has anything they want commissioned you should ask in the next few days, otherwise I'll be out of time for a month or two!

-Carrie

Update: 6-12-09

We completed a purchase agreement on a house! I keep calling it a "cabin in the woods" and my husband keeps calling it a "concrete house on the edge of a swamp." I've always wanted a cabin in the woods you see, but my husband is correct. Luckily catnip is a natural mosquito repellant, I'll plant it all around the outside of the house! Now we just have to get the financing all squared away, and the home inspection next week to make sure there are no surprises.

If all goes well, we plan to spend some time fixing it up in July, and moving in August.

I'm going to try to finish another flexible dragon, and maybe a few smaller pieces before closing on the house. Then it may be a few months.

-Carrie

I have good news and bad news. The good news is, I'm pre-approved for a mortgage! This means I can get away from my noisy neighbors, which is awesome, because that jerk that plays the SAME loud song over and over from 1:30 a.m. to 7:30 or so is really getting on my nerves and affecting my sleeping schedule.

The bad news is, I'm pre-approved for a mortgage! So I'm going to spend a ton of time this spring and summer looking for houses and then boxing my stuff up and moving, which means less adorable dragons and such. I'll still be happy to do the occasional commission, but I'll be putting less new stuff up for sale.

No comments: